How long will your visa take to process?
This is a question that is asked a lot. The primary party responsible is the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. However, you as a visa applicant and us as migration agents and lawyers are able to ensure that you are assessed quickly and efficiently.
Immigration have a standard processing timeframe for all visa applications. It is available on the following link: https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times
Things to help improve the processing of your visa application include:
- Uploading all documents at the time of application.
- Upload all documents required at time of decision as well. You do not need to wait.
- Provide an overview of the documents you have lodged. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection are humans just like the rest of us. If we can make their job easier and quicker, in turn your visa will be processed quicker.
- Label your documents, and upload them to the correct location.
- If you are unsure about a missing document, ask us.
- Provide all of the documents required for your visa application. If Immigration make a request for further documents, this will delay the application by at least 28 days.
- Follow up the the Department of Immigration only if your application falls outside the standard processing times.
- Do not send emails concerning the status, unless it falls outside the standard processing times.